Terms & conditions
1. Volkswagen Tyre Shield (the Plan) is only applicable for tyres purchased from
Volkswagen Centre Singapore that qualify for this plan. Volkswagen shall inform the
vehicle owner, at the point of purchase, whether or not the selected tyre make,
model and size qualify for this plan.
2. Volkswagen reserves the right to change the tyres that qualify for this plan
from time to time without prior notice.
3. For tyres that qualify for this plan, a minimum of four tyres will need to be
purchased at any one time and within a single invoice.
4. A certificate will be issued for your safekeeping if the tyres qualify for the
Plan. The certificate and original invoice will need to be presented upfront
when you exercise the Plan for any applicable rebate. Volkswagen reserves
the right to reject any claims and/or rebates if proper documentation is not
5. Should the Volkswagen Tyre Shield Certificate be misplaced, the plan shall be
considered null and void. No replacement certificate will be issued.
6. The Plan will cover your newly purchased tyres for a period of up to 24 months
or for a mileage of up to 40,000 km, whichever comes first.
7. The Plan only allows one single claim for each tyre within the coverage period
of up to 24 months or 40,000 km of mileage, whichever comes first.
8. The Plan covers the tyres from any form of damage resulting in air leakage.
9. The Plan does not cover aesthetic damage to the tyre due to wear and tear, such
as minor surface tear and/or scratches to the tyre without resulting in any air
leakage. The Plan also does not cover any associated parts of the wheel and other
parts of the vehicle, including but not limited to the rim of the wheel, that may
10. The Plan entitles you to replacement tyres of the same make and specifications,
where possible and subject to availability at the point of claim. If the exact make
of tyre is unavailable, an equivalent tyre of similar cost and specification will
be used as a replacement. Volkswagen shall make the sole and final decision on the
make and specification of the replacement tyre.
11. The Plan does not cover damage to the tyres due to any of the following
a. Improper tyre maintenance by the driver
b. Incorrect tyre alignment and uneven wear
c. Vibrations and/or noise attributed to one or more tyres
d. Improper use of tyres
e. Road accidents
f. Usage in competitive racing
g. Malicious action and/or vandalism
h. Theft and/or fire
i. Improper vehicle storage causing flat spots
j. Cause from any mechanical defect of vehicle
k. Repair done by any third party other than Volkswagen Centre Singapore
12. The Plan does not cover 24-hour road side assistance service or vehicle towing
13. The rebate amount for the Plan will be based on the initial purchase price of
the tyres, before taxes (GST), as indicated in the original invoice.
14. The Plan shall only cover the tyres for vehicles registered in Singapore.
15. The damaged tyre must be presented and given to Volkswagen for any rebate in
the Plan to be effective. Thereafter, the damaged tyre will be the property of
16. The rebate is strictly applicable for purchase of new tyres at any Volkswagen
Centre Singapore. The rebate is not exchangeable for cash, services or any other
17. The plan is strictly not transferrable to any subsequent vehicle owner or to
another registered vehicle.