Volkswagen Tyre Shield
At Volkswagen, having you drive safely is our priority. That is why we introduced Volkswagen Tyre Shield to offer you extra protection when investing in new tyres for your car. You can now enjoy a safer driving experience with added peace of mind that your tyres are being protected the way they should be.
What is it about?
Volkswagen Tyre Shield is a value-added insurance plan for new tyres. The plan provides protection for your tyres against damages that result in air leak and offers an attractive price rebate of up to 100% should there be a need for you to subsequently replace your tyres.
How do I qualify?
Simply buy 4 new tyres* in a single purchase at any Volkswagen Centre Singapore, and these tyres will be insured under the Volkswagen Tyre Shield at no additional cost.
What are the benefits?
Volkswagen Tyre Shield allows you to enjoy these benefits for your new tyres:
- Value-added tyre insurance at no additional cost.
- Peace of mind protection for up to 24 months or 40,000 km mileage, whichever comes first.
- Coverage from any form of tyre damage that results in air leak.
- Attractive price rebates of up to 100%.
How can I make a claim?
For your convenience, a certificate will be presented to you upon your new tyre purchase. To make a claim, simply present the certificate, your invoice as proof-of-purchase together with the damaged tyre at any Volkswagen Centre Singapore. We will replace it with a new tyre based on the corresponding rebate amount.
How much rebate can I claim?
The rebate amount is determined by the mileage of your car or duration of usage from the date of tyre purchase, whichever comes first.
How many times can I claim for each tyre?
You can make one single claim for each tyre within the coverage period of up to 24 months or 40,000 km mileage, whichever comes first.
Terms & conditions
1. Volkswagen Tyre Shield (the Plan) is only applicable for tyres purchased from Volkswagen Centre Singapore that qualify for this plan. Volkswagen shall inform the vehicle owner, at the point of purchase, whether or not the selected tyre make, model and size qualify for this plan.
2. Volkswagen reserves the right to change the tyres that qualify for this plan from time to time without prior notice.
3. For tyres that qualify for this plan, a minimum of four tyres will need to be purchased at any one time and within a single invoice.
4. A certificate will be issued for your safekeeping if the tyres qualify for the Plan. The certificate and original invoice will need to be presented upfront when you exercise the Plan for any applicable rebate. Volkswagen reserves the right to reject any claims and/or rebates if proper documentation is not presented.
5. Should the Volkswagen Tyre Shield Certificate be misplaced, the plan shall be considered null and void. No replacement certificate will be issued.
6. The Plan will cover your newly purchased tyres for a period of up to 24 months or for a mileage of up to 40,000 km, whichever comes first.
7. The Plan only allows one single claim for each tyre within the coverage period of up to 24 months or 40,000 km of mileage, whichever comes first.
8. The Plan covers the tyres from any form of damage resulting in air leakage.
9. The Plan does not cover aesthetic damage to the tyre due to wear and tear, such as minor surface tear and/or scratches to the tyre without resulting in any air leakage. The Plan also does not cover any associated parts of the wheel and other parts of the vehicle, including but not limited to the rim of the wheel, that may be damaged.
10. The Plan entitles you to replacement tyres of the same make and specifications, where possible and subject to availability at the point of claim. If the exact make of tyre is unavailable, an equivalent tyre of similar cost and specification will be used as a replacement. Volkswagen shall make the sole and final decision on the make and specification of the replacement tyre.
11. The Plan does not cover damage to the tyres due to any of the following reasons:
a. Improper tyre maintenance by the driver
b. Incorrect tyre alignment and uneven wear
c. Vibrations and/or noise attributed to one or more tyres
d. Improper use of tyres
e. Road accidents
f. Usage in competitive racing
g. Malicious action and/or vandalism
h. Theft and/or fire
i. Improper vehicle storage causing flat spots
j. Cause from any mechanical defect of vehicle
k. Repair done by any third party other than Volkswagen Centre Singapore
12. The Plan does not cover 24-hour road side assistance service or vehicle towing service.
13. The rebate amount for the Plan will be based on the initial purchase price of the tyres, before taxes (GST), as indicated in the original invoice.
14. The Plan shall only cover the tyres for vehicles registered in Singapore.
15. The damaged tyre must be presented and given to Volkswagen for any rebate in the Plan to be effective. Thereafter, the damaged tyre will be the property of Volkswagen.
16. The rebate is strictly applicable for purchase of new tyres at any Volkswagen Centre Singapore. The rebate is not exchangeable for cash, services or any other items.
17. The plan is strictly not transferrable to any subsequent vehicle owner or to another registered vehicle.