Be it an emergency recovery, a query about a flat battery, or simply checking how much tyre pressure is needed, the Volkswagen 24-hour Roadside Assistance team is here to help!
Simply call our 24-hour Roadside Assistance hotline at +65 6333 8800 and if necessary, we will send an assistance team to rectify the problem or arrange for a tow service* to our service centre.
*Towing service available island wide in Singapore (except Jurong island) and in peninsular Malaysia. Terms and conditions apply.
Roadside Assistance Services
When your Volkswagen is immobilized in Singapore following an electrical or mechanical breakdown, an accident, a pilot error (e.g. lack of fuel, locked keys) or travel abroad, the 24-hour Roadside Assistance service team can help you with the following services:
If your vehicle is immobilised in Singapore and cannot be fixed immediately, Volkswagen Centre Singapore will organise and pay for the towing of the vehicle to the designated Volkswagen service centre at Alexandra. For security reasons, towing service will not be provided to an unattended vehicle.
If the vehicle was immobilised in Singapore and has been towed to Volkswagen Service Centre, a taxi will be arranged for the Volkswagen driver to continue his journey up to his destination within Singapore.
At the Volkswagen driver's request, a telephone call will be made to an individual (family or friend) of the Volkswagen driver's choice.
Our Volkswagen-qualified technician will be dispatched to provide a jump start. If your vehicle cannot be driven safely, towing services will be provided.
If your vehicle has a flat tyre, our Volkswagen-qualified technician will attempt to remove it and install a spare tyre (if available) in a safe environment. If your vehicle does not have a spare tyre or if the spare is not safely operable, towing service will be provided.
If your keys are locked inside your vehicle, our 24-hour roadside assistance team
will attempt to assist in getting you back on the road.
At your request, our Volkswagen-qualified technician or emergency service may be dispatched in an attempt to gain entry into your vehicle to retrieve your keys. However, you have sole responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from this entry attempt. To provide added security for the vehicle owner, photo identification will be requested at the scene.
If access into your vehicle is unsuccessful, it will be towed to the designated Volkswagen service centre to gain entry. This tow will be at your own expense. The costs for parts, labour and/or replacement are not included in this service. If you have lost your keys, please contact the Volkswagen service hotline at 6305 7299 for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a 24-hour, 365 days a year emergency breakdown assistance service unique to owners of eligible Volkswagen cars. This assistance will be provided for the period of the new car warranty. The service is manned by a team of experienced multi-lingual staff who will provide assistance in the event that your Volkswagen becomes immobilised.
Please call the emergency number given on the decal. Remember to give your exact location, the vehicle registration number or VIN number, contact details, a description of the problem and your home address, so that the staff can coordinate assistance efficiently for you.
Yes, replacement parts and any workshop labour costs are your responsibility, unless they are covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Terms and conditions apply.
We understand the frustration and anxiety experienced in the event of a breakdown, and our aim is to ensure that any inconvenience is kept to a minimum. Therefore, when you call, our fully-trained staff will immediately arrange for the nearest and most appropriate service provider to assist you. The waiting time will depend on the availability of the assistance provider, your breakdown location, weather conditions and traffic. During the course of your wait, we will maintain contact with you and provide updates on the estimated time of arrival of the service provider.
Yes, you must be present at the breakdown location in order for assistance services to be rendered to your Volkswagen. In the event of a recovery, you are required to sign a towing receipt before your Volkswagen can be recovered to the designated Volkswagen Service Centre. Please ensure that you remove all belongings from your Volkswagen prior to recovery. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings left in the vehicle.
We will recover your Volkswagen from the accident or breakdown location to the designated Volkswagen Service Centre. We will not recover your vehicle to other workshops.
In order to obtain the highest level of service, all arrangements must be made by us. We have an appointed network of service providers to provide the services as described in this policy.
You should contact your insurance company and confirm the insurance claims procedures with them.
This service is designed to provide mobile emergency assistance. To make an appointment with a Volkswagen service centre, please call 6305 7299.
Yes. We will arrange assistance for you since this situation can be a potential hazard if you attempt to drive your Volkswagen.
As this condition does not immobilise your Volkswagen, you will need to drive your Volkswagen to a Volkswagen Service Centre.
Terms & conditions
- Parts and labor fees apply if parts replacement or repair is required.
- Free one time complimentary jump-start service of vehicle battery. All subsequent jump-start services related to the same battery are subjected to an attendance fee of $144.45 (inclusive of GST).
- Free dispatch of roadside assistance technician, 24 hours a day only covers Singapore, not applicable to extended service in Malaysia**.
- Towing service available island wide in Singapore (except Jurong island) and in peninsular Malaysia**.
- Extra cost will be incurred to customers in the event of towing from a remote location.
- Adverse weather conditions - On occasions when adverse weather such as floods, heavy thunder, and lightning challenge external resources, some operations may become physically impossible until the weather improves. During such situations, our main priority is to ensure that you and your passengers are taken to a safe place. The recovery of your Volkswagen may not be possible until weather conditions permit it.
- Rights - In the case of a false statement, we shall have the right to refuse any or all benefits. In the unlikely event of a dispute arising, for which a satisfactory solution cannot be found, we reserve the right to appoint an independent third party to act as an arbitrator to resolve the matter.
- Force majeure - We shall not be liable for failure to provide services under the terms of services set out in this page if such failure is caused or contributed by acts of nature, acts of a public enemy, acts of government authority or any political sub- division or any department or regulatory agency thereof or entity created thereby, acts of terrorism, orders of any court or arbitrary body, acts of any person engaged in subversive activity or sabotage, strikes, embargoes, delays due to any of the above causes or events beyond our reasonable control.
- Removal of belongings prior to recovery - Please ensure that you remove all belongings from your Volkswagen prior to recovery. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings left in the vehicle.
**Only applicable to Roadside Assistance purchased from 1st January 2022.
Exceptions to the 24-hour roadside assistance service.
The 24-hour roadside assistance service is purely intended to cover emergency situations. As a result, this service will not cover certain problems that you may encounter while driving your Volkswagen unless there is a real and discernible threat to your personal safety and the safety of others. This list includes (but is not limited to) the following items:
Fuel gauge is faulty.
Speedometer is malfunctioning.
Boot cannot be opened.
Fuel cap is damaged or faulty and the Volkswagen car has enough fuel in the tank to enable it to reach the nearest Volkswagen Service Centre.
Roof of convertible cannot be opened.
Sunroof cannot be opened. Sunroof cannot be closed but weather conditions are fair and the Volkswagen and its passengers are not exposed to any security risk.
Windows cannot be opened.
Seat adjustor is faulty but the Volkswagen can be driven safely.
Other non-safety related lights/service warnings are illuminated.
Whilst the services rendered under the 24-hour roadside assistance service are intended at no cost to you, we wish to clarify that the team will not be responsible for:
- Loss or damage to any property carried in or on your Volkswagen.
- Any expenses incurred without prior authorisation of the 24-hour roadside assistance service.
- Cost of replacement parts.
- Cost of repairs made to your Volkswagen.
- Any costs resulting from participation in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration tests.
- Any costs resulting from your Volkswagen being kept in a not-roadworthy condition or not being serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Any costs as a result of damage and/or claims caused while the driver operating the Volkswagen under influence of alcohol, solvent abuse, drugs, or other illegal substances.
- Any costs resulting from participation in a criminal act or offence.
- Any consequential losses arising directly or indirectly from the immobilisation.
- If, as a result of a road traffic accident or other incidents, specialist equipment is required during the course of recovering your Volkswagen, the cost of this specialist equipment will be your responsibility. We recommend that you seek reimbursement of such costs under the terms of your motor insurance policy.
- In the event that the authorities or other authorised organizations recover your Volkswagen, it will be your responsibility to pay any resulting release fees before we can remove your vehicle to a Volkswagen service centre.